Quality Control Scientist
- Conducts analyses of products and materials, and interprets data associated with process development, customer product requests and grant funding
- Manages and tracks product inventory
- Performs calibrations and maintenance on analytical equipment
Sarah Hendrickson has over seven years of analytical experience in carbon chemistry. She is responsible for the characterization and data management of Engineered Catalyst Supports (ECSs), platinum and PGM-free catalysts. Previously, as a Research Engineer for an Albuquerque-based biochemical company, she optimized analytical methods for characterization of novel biofuel additives and platform chemicals. As a Research Assistant, she spent two seasons in South Africa isolating trace amounts of dissolved organic carbon on nonionic resin columns from fracture water in deep gold mines, to determine the carbon source for a newly discovered extremophile bacterial population, Desulforudis audaxviator.
Analytical experience: HPLC, Raman spectroscopy, FT-IR, XRD, surface area and pore size analysis by gas sorption, particle size analysis using DLS and HPLC-SEC, GC-FID, ICP-MS, Excitation emission matrix (EEM) fluorescence spectroscopy
New Mexico Tech, M.S. Program in Hydrology, August 2010 – May 2014 (in progress)
George Mason University, Earth Science, B.S., Graduated: May, 2009
Publications and Presentations
- Phylogeny and phylogeography of functional genes shared among seven terrestrial subsurface metagenomes reveal N-cycling and microbial evolutionary relationships”. Maggie CY Lau, Connor Cameron, Cara Magnabosco, C Titus Brown, Faye Schilkey, Sharon Grim, Sarah Hendrickson, Michael Pullin, Barbara Sherwood Lollar, Esta van Heerden, Thomas L. Kieft, Tullis C Onstott. Frontiers in Microbiology, 2014
- Dissolved Organic Matter Compositions in 0.8-3.2 km Deep Fracture Waters, Kaapvaal Craton, Witwatersrand Basin, South Africa”. Thomas L. Kieft, Clifford C. Walters, Meytal B. Higgins, Anthony S. Mennito, Catherine F. M. Clewett, Verena Heuer, Michael J. Pullin, Sarah Hendrickson, Esta van Heerden, Barbara Sherwood Lollar, Maggie C.Y. Lau, T.C. Onstott. Organic Geochemistry, 2017
- Comparison of XAD and C-18 Methods for DOC Isolation in Groundwater.” Poster presentation at the New Horizons for International Investigations into the Deep Crustal Biosphere Conference. Bloemfontein, 2011
- Organic Carbon from the Deep Subsurface: The Witwatersrand Basin, South Africa.” Poster presentation at the American Geophysical Union Fall Conference. San Francisco, CA, 2011.